It’s tough being an independent artist. Not only do you need to focus on making great music (which is a full-time job in itself) but you also need to know about branding and marketing, release strategies, promotion, social media, and a million other things.
You’ve probably got a ton of questions, so we’ve created this page to try and answer them. Here’s our best “advice for artists”…
- Should I upload my music to Spotify, Soundcloud, or both?
- How do I get on an official Spotify playlist?
- How does the Spotify algorithm work?
- What more important, Spotify listeners or Spotify followers?
- Should I buy Spotify streams for my music?
- Should I pay to be added to a big Spotify playlist?
- How can I spot a fake Spotify playlist?
- Should I stream my own music to boost my Spotify numbers?
- Should I start my own Spotify playlist?
- How can I get more Spotify playlist followers?
- As a rapper, do I need to be on TikTok & Triller?
- Should I release multiple singles, an EP, or an album?
- Should I upload my music video to a platform like GRM Daily?
- Should I quit my day job and become a rapper full-time?
- Should I sign to a small label or stay independent?
- How can I point people to Jesus through my music?
- Should I label myself as a “Christian rapper”?
Questions without links are yet to be written. Don’t worry, we’ll get to them soon.
If you’re an artist with a question you’d like us to answer, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Advice for Artists” in the subject.